Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sweets: 1 Gina: 1

So, I have officially decided that sugar and I are in a love hate relationship.  I currently love sweets but they apparently hate me what with the havoc they have directed at my self control.

See, we started out okay, me and sweets.  I gave them up for Lent and made it a FULL 46 days without them.  I didn't even cheat a tiny bit.  Even when presented with bite sized cupcakes.  I pretended I was Wonder Woman and used my bracelets to reject the cupcake onslaught.

Alas, Lent ended and I decided that sweets and I could be friends again.  I WAS WRONG!!!!   Sweets are apparently very bitter that I gave them up and are working hard to remind me that I can't eat just a little bit.  I need to eat more, and more, and MORE, and MORE.  I write this after eating 2 bowls of ice cream.  Yes, I will be honest.  The most frustrating part is that sweets are really the only thing I'll binge on.

And thus, I have made my choice.  Sweets and I have broken up for the time being.  There may be the occasional relations for holidays and other special events; but, otherwise me and my waist line are saying SUCK IT! and we're looking to start seeing fruits more seriously.  

The end.

1 comment:

  1. BAAHAHAHA!! Hear hear! I SHOULD do the same. After giving them up for so long, I was surprised at how hard it was to not over indulge after we gave them the go ahead...bummer I say!!

    ReplyDelete