Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So Tired

I am so, very tired.  I'm not physically exhausted at all, I'm just so emotionally exhausted that I've actually gone to bed before 10 this week.  Quite unnatural for me.

It's all because we put an offer in on a house.  We had been planning to buy maybe the end of this year, or early next year; but, I always keep my eye on the houses for sale in the area and there was a house that was cheap enough that I felt we at least needed to check it out.  We checked it out, and the amount of work it needed just wasn't worth the price.  A friend of mine is a Realtor though and mentioned that there were some houses near her house for sale.  The first one we walked in, we fell in love with.  At least I did; hubby took a minute.  It was smaller, 3 bed 1 bath, but it was two lots so it had a huge yard.  It was well maintained with new carpet and paint, and it isn't a foreclosure which is even better.



We went home and crunched some numbers and decided that we could afford it without sacrificing savings and we decided to make an offer.  Our offer went in on Sunday (or so we thought), but due to some confusion it really went in on Monday morning. Last night, Tuesday, we were told that we were going to be given a counter offer and right now I'm sitting here waiting on that.  It still hasn't shown up.

This has got to be the most stressful thing thus far in my life.  Marriage was a piece of cake, this is ridiculous. 

Then, the icing on the cake, I had a huge falling out with my mom tonight.  I have no idea where we stand.  Our conversation ended with me in tear and her treating our conversation like a business transaction.  (Note to people thinking about having 1 kid: DON'T!  No one else understands what I'm going through exactly and that has got to be the hardest thing about it.)  All I have right now is my hubby and it's very tough. 

Hubby thinks I'm joking when I say I wish I could fast forward 2 or 3 years; but, I'm not kidding.  I am just so worn out of this age and the fact that I'm old enough to make important life decisions; but young enough that no one respects my decision.  I am utterly drained.  I at least hope it gets better soon, because my birthday is the 7th and I'd prefer not to have a drama filled birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Awe no! Was your mom giving you crap about the house or something??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a house is so stressful! Good luck! I hope everything falls into place for you soon.

    ReplyDelete