Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Good, The Bad,...and the Burrito?

Let's have a recap of the last few days.

I prefer to go against form and start with the bad.  I ALMOST DIED WHILE RIDING MY BIKE BACK FROM WORK TODAY!  And for once, I'm not exaggerating. First off, I realized that my front breaks were cater wonky.  My back brakes were fine, but my front brakes were too tight.  Whenever I braked with my front brakes they would stay tight even when I released the grip.  Then they would stick to the tire and made a god awful noise.  At one point I couldn't get the noise to stop so I called the hubby to come and get me but no answer.  Which was a bummer because the death defying incident started just a few moments later.

I got the brakes to suck a little bit less and got the noise to stop.  I just knew that I had stay away from my front brakes for the rest of the bike ride home.  I made it over the pedestrian overpass that is my half way point at which point I safely entered a roundabout.  Ahead of me I saw two cars waiting to enter the roundabout and slowed down so that the first one would have room to enter.  The second car didn't have room to enter so usually they would wait their turn, but this one came right in.  It was way too close to me so I had to slow down and steer my bike into the no car zone.  Well, at this point I realized that this person must not have seen me because they bring their car into the no car zone (so they are a bad driver in general to boot).  Anyway, longer story short, I finally screamed when the car was within 6 inches of me.  The driver just stared at me and stopped while everyone at the cafe shop across the way stared at us.  I was so angry I just rode away without hollering at them.  I made it home safe and sound, but it wad definitely unsettling. 

Now for the good:

We are officially going to Disneyland!  We booked our rooms, our passes, and our character meal.  We're going for a long weekend in October and we're staying at the Disneyland Hotel in one of the remodeled rooms.  I'm so excited because I haven't stayed there since I was a 10 year old little girl.  I am so very excited.

I heart Disneyland so hard it's not even funny.  We've have been once a year for the last three years and I will never, ever get tired of it.  I love the characters, and I totally still take pictures with them.  I love the rides.  I love all the people.  I love the shows.  It's just so happy!  My dream is to have a trip where a whole bunch of my friends/family could go at the same time.  That would be pretty sweet.




 Cruella and I, hubby and me and The Alice in Wonderland Crew, me dancing with Tigger, and I know he's not Disney, but I was in line for Haunted Mansion with Fred Armisen a few years ago.

As you can see, I like Disney and I am so amazingly excited.  I cannot wait for our trip.  Super duper excited!

Finally, the burrito:  Thursday is Farmers Market/burrito day in my mind.  There are these super delicious burritos I have fallen in love with and I definitely needed my burrito today.  Even though I'm trying to eat better, it was so definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment