Sunday, February 12, 2012

More Life Changes :)

I'm still a slacker blogger aren't I?  Oh well, being pregnant and working is kind of a lot; but, as always, I'm going to try to be better.

It might be a little late in coming, but I do have updates about a couple things.  Including: sex of the baby, a new addition to the house, and my new hobby!






About two weeks ago we found out that...
In case you can't read that, it says "It's a girl!".  We were shocked.  The hubby and I were so very sure that we were having a boy.  As further proof, on our honeymoon we had seen a palm reader in New Orleans who was insanely accurate and he said we'd have a boy first.  Well we were all wrong.  According to the doc, there is no penis in there.  My parents have been gloating because both of them, even though they aren't together, were adamant that it was going to be a girl.

Her name is going to be Emmaline, and based on the fact that my ultrasound wasn't until almost 22 weeks, the doctor has a really high likelihood of being right.  We are over the moon excited, and even though I'm not pleased at the prospect of pushing out a baby in the 90-95 percentile for weight and size, we look forward to meeting her.

Next up, we added this little girl to the family.
Her name is Kallie and she joins our two older dogs Maizey (10) and Roxy (2).  Kallie is a german shepherd, golden retriever, chow mix and is 9 weeks old as of right now.  We've been wanting to add a puppy to our family for awhile now because Maizey is getting up there in age for such a big dog and we wanted her to have a chance to train a puppy while she is the alpha.  (Roxy isn't the brightest dog).  We were going to wait until December to get a puppy but then thought about how we'd have a puppy in the biting stage with a crawling infant, so we lost our marbles instead and bought a pup to get her through the puppy stage and some training before Emma gets here.

Yes, we have had plenty of people tell us that we are crazy; but, whatever.  I'm used to it.  :)  I like marching to the beat of my own drummer.  It's what makes me awesome if I do say so myself.

*************************************************************************************
Last, but not least, I have become addicted to Scentsy stuff and so I decided to become an Independent Scentsy Consultant.  My cousin-in-law sells it and we decided to purchase a warmer and some bars for the house.  Well, we LOVED IT!!!  So, for fun, and a little extra spending money, I decided to sell it as a hobby. 

I really like their products because it's a lot safer than candles.  Especially with a new baby and three dogs in the house.  They release fantastic smells into the air (just like candles); but, they don't have open flames (heated by a light bulb) and don't get as hot as candles do.  So no little fingers will be getting burned, no fire hazard, and if the dog knocks it over I just have to clean up a bit of wax.

If you want to check it out, my website is SLOScents

Even if you don't want to buy from me, I encourage you to check it out if you have kids.  It's a lot safer, sometimes prettier, and there are a lot of great scents to choose from. :)  You can also use the general website to find consultants in your area if you want to have a party or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment