Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30 Day Shred!?

So, I need a bit of a boost with this whole workout thing.  I have NO motivation.  Mainly because there are so many other things I would rather be doing than working out (read, sleep, watch TV, internetz, and even clean).  So I'm thinking that I might try 30 Day Shred.  Shred is done by Jilian of Biggest Losers fame.  You know, the crazy woman who perches on machines like a vulture and "motivates" the contestants. 


What I like about 30 Day Shred is that it's only 30 minutes a day, and it's only for 30 days.  I've done it for a brief bit before and did see results, but I got distracted...oh SHINY!...and stopped.  Basically it's made up of three different levels.  You do each level for ten days.  Each level has 3 cardio sections, 3 strength sections, and 3 ab sections.  It totally kicks your butt as Jillian starts to yell at you about not "phoning it in" and the elusive ab-V. 

So, I think I'm going to start it again within the next few days and hopefully since I'm writing about it here, I'll hold my self accountable.  I took my weight and body fat % today and as much as it pains me, I'll disclose. 

Weight: 147.2 pounds
Body Fat %: 32.1

Now, I'll let the blog world know how I'm feeling as the days go on, soreness and what not.  However, I'm not going to weigh myself again until I'm completely done, that way I don't get discouraged if I don't see scale movement.  I'm actually hoping for a body fat percentage drop more than anything since I know I'll be building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. 

Here goes nothing.  If anyone has any questions about the experience, let me know and I'll try to answer them.  I'll also be tracking my food with Sparkpeople because otherwise I'd probably end up eating more since I'll be working out more.  Go Team Curls & Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment