Thursday, January 27, 2011

Working on my Fitness

Before my wedding, I dropped 10 pounds.  As much as I told myself that I wouldn't gain it back that didn't really work out the way I planned.  Almost three months, a few gallons of Starbucks, and a ton of Slurpees later I've packed back on everything that I had lost.  The worst part was, I sat and watched my weight climb.  It didn't creep up on me.  I weighed myself at least once a week and I just let it happen.




I guess what I really needed was a shock to my system and I got that yesterday.  I was in the restroom at work washing my hands and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  Granted I wasn't smiling and I was retaining a lot of water; but, no amount of spin can change the fact that I did not look my best.

That's unacceptable.  My self value is too much to allow myself to be chubby.  I absolutely deserve better than that.  My husband deserves better than that, and my future children deserve a mom who is healthy, in shape, and the perfect vessel for carrying them.  It's time to get my self together.

Just because I've been this way almost my whole life, it doesn't mean I have to stay this way!

Starting tomorrow I'm going to pick up Couch to 5K again, count calories with Sparkpeople, and work towards getting a super banging body!  GO TEAM!


(This is the dream body I'm working towards.  Crazy beautiful.)

P.S. If anyone has any tips on how to kick sweet cravings, let me know.  That's easily one of my biggest hurdles.

No comments:

Post a Comment